It has been a busy, but very good, year so far...and things continue to look up. :)
Mark and I didn't do much for Valentine's Day with it being on a work night, but he did send me a beautiful bouquet of roses to work, with a super sweet note...I loved it. I stole his speare truck key and left breakfast in the front seat of his truck, then gave him a coupon to do a distillery tour/tasting with Stacey and Tyler. We are both trying to get into better shape, so instead of going out to dinner, we cooked together and had some wine over the weekend, and all in all, I realized that being with someone who makes me feel loved every day, Valentine's Day was just really not that big of a deal.
This last weekend was a busy one, but it was lots of fun. I left work early since I had some hours to flex, so Mark and I were able to eat dinner at a much more reasonable hour than usual...our Fridays are pretty typical - salad, chicken, and a beer or 2 shared, then a movie. This one was no different, and I like it that way. We went to bed pretty early, as we had a big Saturday planned. We met up with Laura and Tanner bright and early to help them move. For some reason, I was under the impression that ALL of their stuff was in one storage unit, so I had it in my head it'd be fast and easy. Wrong! They had stuff all over town, and tons of it, and it took almost 12 hours before it was all said and done, LOL. But as far as moving goes, it was actually a pretty good time. Everyone was in a good mood, happy to be moving, happy to be helping, and just overall went really well. Tanner and Laura's new house is adorable and I think it'll be a great place once all the boxes are emptied. :)
We left their place about dinner time and went back to Mark's, where we ate dinner and showered, stopped off to spend a little time with Miss Juno, and then met up for date night. We were playing a new card game with Kitty, Stu, Thor, and Danielle - it was SO fun, we ended up not leaving til after one in the morning! Mark loves Danielle and Kitty, and we always enjoy date nights with the 4 of them - we should make sure and get more in, and definitely with Stace and Tyler, but it was super fun. The game had us all laughing til we cried, the drinks were good, snacks were awesome (and primal), and it was a great way to unwind after a long day of lugging boxes. We went back to Mark's and passed out, and slept in pretty late Sunday before having a lazy day. We had lunch with his sister and moved a couch to my mom's garage, but other than that we spent the day in jammies watching True Blood, drinking vodka cran, and kissing. :)
I was so exhausted by the time he took me home last night, I passed out on my couch with Juno before 8pm! I was supposed to do laundry, wash sheets, and clean my kitchen...but I did not. Instead, I woke up and went right back to sleep.
I know it has been 6 months, but it still so nice to hear from people how happy I seem or how glad they are I am happy and with someone so awesome - Laura was full of praise as to how helpful and great Mark is, and it did feel so good to know that I have a boyfriend who is willing to - with a smile - help my family when they need it, just because I asked. I am very happy, and I'm still so glad people are taking notice.
In other news, I've been going to the gym, playing with Blake, working hard, and just being busy being happy! I am leaning towards moving into a one bedroom at my work to save some money on gas and things, plus as Mark put it - what could I be getting done with an extra 10 hours a week not driving to Clackamas??





No comments:
Post a Comment