I have been journaling privately this week about my homework assignment for counseling with Lacey, and I was discussing the topics with Stace over lunch this afternoon...one, what are my physical boundaries in my relationships (romantic or otherwise), and two, what do I need emotionally, from my partner, based on my various emotions. For example, when I am happy, what do I need from my boyfriend to be validated?
It was funny, I was telling Stacey, that the easy one was, when I am angry at my boyfriend, what do I need, while the happy or excited feelings I was still struggling to figure out exactly what that validation looks like for me. I know that when I am angry with someone, I need the space to think through why I am angry and figure out how to explain myself, because without that time, I just yell. And usually cry. So that was a simple entry - when I am angry at my partner, I need physical space and time to process, and then I need a conversation. When I am angry about work, life, stress, etc...I just need to yell, and I need support, not rationalization.
But what is it that I need when I am happy? When I am feeling elated, blissed out, and very simply happy, how do I need someone to validate those feelings for me?
Cash, lots of it
ReplyDeleteYou have always been one to figure out things with words. For this, try picturing it. See yourself happy, see your partner approaching. What is he doing? Saying? How is his body moving? What does his face look like?
ReplyDelete