My new little condo, dubbed the Bachelorette Pad, is coming together slowly - well, the moving and the unpacking went incredibly fast, thanks to my wonderful mama, litlte brother, and Karen & Bob. Its the arranging, shopping, and endless "to buy" list that is going less quickly. Whenever I make dinner I add something else to the list of kitchen gadgets I don't have and need to add to my Christmas list.
Every day when I come home, I know I made the right choice not getting a place with roommates. I am SO happy. I love walking in the front door of my own place, knowing everything is just how I left it, being greeted by Juno (who is, of course, always basking in the sun beam my bedroom window lets in), and spending the evening eating dinner, watching tv or reading, cleaning, etc.
I love everything about the place, except the incredibly foul-smelling dishwasher that I need to have my uncle come look at. It is the perfect haven for me; small but not cramped, clean, a space for everything, and a great kitchen. Obsessive organizer that I am, my fridge is my favorite thing to not be sharing with anyone - it is so clean and orderly!
Patrick and Juli were my 1st official guests (other than Kitty, who came over the night I was unpacking to gab & drink wine); they brought Parker over and while we drank wine and chatted, Patrick hung several of my things on the walls for me, which made me super happy. It instantly felt more like mine when he was done. I have purchased a few more things to hang, so I will need to have him over again soon, hehe. Parker will be happier this time too since I purchased an area rug for my living room - that kid is too top-heavy for his own good, and my hardwoods are hard on his noggin!
Stacey and Blake came over a few days after that to see the place, and Kitty joined us for dinner. We had fun chasing Blake around my not-at-all baby proof place. :)
I have some more things to buy, my bedroom needs work, and there are some odds & ends that need to be addressed, but all in all, this place is great. I am so happy I went this route - it may cost me a little more money, but its perfect for me and I just love it!
i love your new place! It's perfect :) Just wish you were closer! I'm sure stacey agrees :) And yeahhh, Parker's noggin' is big and he's accident prone like daddy. You'd think he'd be used to the floors since that's what we have!
ReplyDelete