I am feeling a little nostalgic about my little Bubba turning one this weekend, its so funny - he isn't my baby, but I just love him to pieces and I can't believe how big he is getting and what personality he has!
Stacey's pregnancy with Blake was the first I have ever been present for from the beginning - LaDonna had Mady when she was in Arizona, so I didn't see that progress, and most of my friends are just now starting to have babies. So Stace was the first person super close to me whose entire pregancy I got to be such a part of - down to being in the room leading up to delivery (never again, please) - and immediately after he was born and cleaned up from the goopyness.
From the second I saw his tiny face and full head of dark hair, I was in love. He was so tiny and sweet, and I was so happy to have been at the hospital (all day long) waiting for him. I first held him when he was 3 days old, and I have loved holding him ever since. He is a wiggle worm, a ball of energy, and a baby who hates to snuggle, but he is also a kid who will lean in when you ask for a kiss, laugh when you tickle him, and wiggle his bum in the air waiting for you to somersault him.
I have taken several beach trips with Blake this year - most recently last weekend - and despite how he becomes increasingly more on the move and exahusting to take with me, I also have increasingly more fun taking him, watching him grow and learn, and hearing him talk...NON STOP. I am proud when he says a new word or learns a new trick, I get excited about his new teeth, and I am impressed with his new food experiences...the kid likes to eat! :)
I am so happy and grateful for all the time Stacey makes for me to get my Bubba time in, and I just can't believe it has been a whole year since I held that tiny little man for the first time.
 |
| Stacey's Baby Shower * 3 months til Baby |
 |
| At the hospital...waiting, waiting, waiting |
 |
| Grandma meets Blake! |
 |
| Blake Richard Smith...perfect! |
 |
| 3 days old, meeting Auntie V |
 |
| Bath time |
 |
| 3 weeks old, meeting Parker Kelly |
 |
| 1st time at the beach with Auntie V |
 |
| Pacific City |
 |
| Meeting Mady |
 |
| Cousins |
 |
| I love me some Bubba kisses! |
 |
| Bath, woot! |
 |
| DeLaina's engagement party in the woods |
 |
| Meeting the Smith cousins in Seattle |
 |
| Cannon Beach Monster Weekend |
 |
| With Auntie Kitty |
 |
| Somersaulting around the beach house |
 |
| Beach cuddles...or attempt anyways. |
 |
| Happy times! |
Happy, happy, happy birthday to my little Peanut, my Bubba man, my favorite little one year old. Happy birthday Blake! Your Auntie V loves you so much!!
Awww....we love you so much! He loves time with his Auntie V so I wouldn't dare deprive him of that. :) I always appreciate the extra set of hands when you are with us too, you know, since we are always chasing him down lol. Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww YAY! He's so lucky to have an awesome auntie around! I'm so glad Stacey had a baby!!!!! Blake is so fun and silly... I'm so glad he's around to dare Parker to go out of his comfort zone heehee
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Like I said, he'll be the one on the playground daring Parker to "cherry drop" off the monkey bars...Parker will be the always injured friend. :)
Delete