
I met Mark's family on Sunday. I was ready. I've been ready. He's met my mom & dad, most of the Stacey's, and the Whitmore's I want him to meet. He was fine meeting my family, but he wasn't quite ready for me to meet his. To me, meeting my cousins is the same as meeting my girlfriends, it wasn't quite the big deal it is to him. And that's fine. I knew when he finally invited me to something with them, it would be a milestone. And I was right, it felt very big and very important when he asked me to his dad's 72nd birthday dinner at his parents' house. I knew it was a big step for him and that he'd thought long and hard about it, and that it wasn't insignificant. I thanked him for asking and told him I'd love to go with him. I was a little nervous, as the last "parents" I met were Kalib's - and we all know how stellar that went over - but I have been so much better about moving forward with Mark knowing this isn't like that. He picked me up and we headed out to their house in Carver. When we got there, he introduced me to his mom and his sisters, and then to his 3 nephews and his sister's husband, and finally to his dad. They were all so nice and so welcoming, and we had a great dinner followed by a fun game of Apples to Apples before we headed out. I was so glad he took me and was very glad to spend the day being asked things by his family that definitely showed how much he'd been talking to them about me. I felt really good about the whole experience and was so happy that he'd taken that big step.
Then last night, we were talking about his trip to Alaska (he's leaving Thursday and will be gone for about a month) and in the midst of asking me to get his mail and offering to leave me the key to his complex's gym, he told me he loved me! The gushing went on from there, but I have to say it felt unlike anything I would have expected when he said it. I mean, I've had boys tell me that before, but never have I melted completely into the floor when someone said it, and never has it brought tears to my eyes like this did. I was literally rendered speechless while my eyes filled with tears, and had I been standing instead of laying on the couch, I likely would have fallen over.
I just simply can't believe how happy I am and how lucky I feel to have found someone who is so good to me. I'm spoiled. He cooks for me, he grocery shops with me, he watches movies with me, he takes me out, he opens my car door, he likes my family, he asks me what I think...and most importantly, he's in love with me. :)
Yay! Hehe ;)
ReplyDeleteSpeechless? That can't be. Congratulations. I'm not surprised that it felt different this time. You're different.
ReplyDeleteYou are a wise mama....
DeleteMy mama is a very wise mama, and she's right...I am very different. And very indebted to a great therapist who helped get me there. :)
DeleteYAY! It's about time you found someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated! So happy for you :) So glad he said the L word ;)
ReplyDeleteGirl, don't you know it...how many years have I been waiting for someone to just be nice to me? I think the last guy I dated who my mom liked was my senior year of high school, LOL
DeleteOh V....now I'm tearing up. I love you honey and am so happy you are happy.
ReplyDeleteSap! ;)
Delete