What's the nice way to say, I have been such a moody bitch lately?
Work seems to be taking over my life lately, and I am not the personality type to be controlled by work. I want to put in my 40 hours and enjoy my life. While I have been working only 40ish hours in the week, I am so mentally and emotionally exhausted at the end of the day, all I want to do is go to bed. I am not hungry for dinner, have no drive to get to the gym...I am so tired I just want to climb into bed, snuggle with Juno and watch a movie til I fall asleep. I hate it.
Determined to make a serious change and get over this hurdle, I took yesterday as my own mental health day and went to the beach. Just me. I left Juno at home, didn't offer to take Blake, just headed out around 10AM with a book, a Pepsi, my sunglasses and a Keith Urban CD. The minute I passed the Highway 6 turn off I was happier...
I pulled into Cannon Beach just around noon. I parked in the visitor lot and wandered the shops for about an hour. I picked up a couple cute greeting cards (as I always do) and bought a small bag of saltwater taffy, then went in to Bill's Tavern for a blackberry wheat (best beer ever) and a chef salad for lunch. From there I walked around a bit more, then drove further into Cannon Beach, parked, and hit the beach at Haystack Rock. The weather was gorgreous - sunny and warm, just a little chilly wind. I went for a nice long walk, climbed around the rocks, took lots of pictures, then settled into the warm sand and read my book.
I didn't pack up and head out until about 6, and the entire drive home, listening to Keith Urban, I was happier. Calmer. Feeling much less like work is the weight of the universe. It's just a job. It is hard right now, I want to strangle my leasing agent, my residents are mean to me...but it is just my job. At least I have one, right? And a good one. One I can get somewhere with.
Getting to the gym is vitally important for me, and I just have to make it happen. I am struggling to rid myself of the last of my "breakup weight," as I like to call it, and I am overly frustrated about it. I need to just remember that I didn't gain it in one day, I gained it over a course of months where I was miserable in my relationship and I won't lose it all in one day either. But if I keep just being frustrated and exhausted and crawling into bed at 7pm, I won't lose ANY of it.
I am fortunate to have a lot of upcoming summer plans to look forward to as well, which both helps me push at work and reminds me that I want to lose that weight & be ready for my trips! Last summer I don't think I did one fun thing...seriously...so lame. The summer prior I was still pretty sad about Grandma and Grandpa, and while I went some fun places, it wasn't a super fun summer. This summer is MY summer. I can't wait...
Next weekend, Stacey and I are taking Blake to Seattle to hang out with Shannon and Kimber, 2 of Tyler's cousins who are our age who haven't yet met Blake. We are planning a night out on Friday night and a day of sightseeing on Saturday, so it should be a fun quick getaway for us girls...and the little man.
Mid-July is Dory Day weekend at Pacific City, and I know my mom and I are going, hopefully along with some more of the Stacey fam. I love Dory Days; it is such a dorky little small town event, but I love the parade and the vendors, and it just reminds me of my grandparents and how happy their house made me as a kid. I can't wait.
August, is, of course, my BIRTHDAY! No plans yet, but hopefully something fun.
Then there is the Stacey Family Labor Day Weekend campout at McIver Park. I am going all 4 days this year, which I have never been able to do before. I am excited! I reserved a campsite with Stace and Tyler, and I think my brother's girlfriend may join us as well.
And finally, September 20th...TENNESSEE! I cannot wait. I am so excited to see LaDonna, Tate, Mady and Landon and have a whole week away in a new place to see what fun we can find in Tennessee. My flight is booked, my countdown is on, and I wish it was tomorrow! =)
See what one little tiny 6 hour beach trip can do for my attitude? I should really just live there...
And what about that most of August your favorite cousin will be in town pushing you to get to the gym!! :) Love you hon.
ReplyDeleteThat too! Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you??? Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteBreakup weight? No, that was relationship with a jackass weight. Lets just say you already lost 150 pounds of ugly fat when you moved out and you have just a small portion yet to go
ReplyDeleteLol, nice mom.
Delete