“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always
someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising
which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of
action and follow it to an end requires courage.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
![]() |
| "Be outstanding in your field." |
I am a pretty firm believer that people need to
follow their hearts and go after their dreams if they want to be truly happy. Because
of this, I have been known to make spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment,
occasionally irresponsible decisions, but I have also had a lot of fun and some
amazing adventures. I have traveled for work to Oklahoma City, where I never
would have chosen to go but absolutely loved.
I have been to Australia, taken road trips to Colorado, New York, Boston
and Washington DC. I have seen more of the Oregon Coast than many people see in
their lifetime…you don’t get to see new places by standing still or thinking
twice.
That said, I am going to Las Vegas next weekend with
a boy I met at Juliana’s birthday party. Knowing he has access to read this, I
won’t say too much, other than I am super excited to go. ;)
I had to arrange some airport rides as well as
vacation coverage at work, and everyone I told I was going had the same
reaction…disbelief that I would travel on a plane to meet a guy I’ve known for
a week. My response was, if you’re not going to jump in with both feet, why
even bother? That’s just how I think. Call me crazy, I just don’t see the point
in tip-toeing – just make the splash. I met someone who I think is awesome, and
this is likely the only opportunity I will have to see him again between last
weekend and the end of September, when I fly to Tennessee (where he lives). 4
months may not be that long in the grand scheme of things, but when you are
this curious to get to know someone, 4 months can seem like an eternity. So why
pass up an opportunity to have a really great time in a place I’ve never been,
with a guy who (Juli promises) is not a serial killer, and his friends?

Good for you hon. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Love you!
Delete