Where to start...I swear, I make a decision, and then life comes along & changes my mind. The good news is, I am in such a healthier state of mind these days that I have been able to handle and accept all this change instead of letting it freak me out.
I had surgery last Tuesday and discovered that things were not what they seemed. As I blogged before, it was thought to be a small mass that needed removed from inside my uterus. Once the doctor got me under the knife, though, they discovered that the mass which appeared to be in my uterus was actually a cyst on my fallopian tube. The good news with this is, they were able to leave my fallopian tube - and thus my fertility - in tact. They removed the cyst and also discovered that I had endometriosis (if you don't know what that is, Google for horror stories), so they scraped and cleared all of that out...it was on my bladder, the outside of my reproductive parts, etc. The overall good news is, my recovery was not nearly as painful as it could have been (though it did definitely not feel good). The bad news is, I won't know anything else about the endometriosis until my post-op on the 1st...which is only a few more days, but you all know how I am. Endometriosis is something that can always come back, and the only solution is to redo the procedure to scrape it back out. Depending on the severity, it can affect your fertility. I have a friend who manages hers by taking several birth control pills per day, because hers is mild/moderate. That said, I also have a friend who was told by her doctor that she would need a hysterectomy soon and to have a baby right away if she wanted to have one ever. So it really can be scary, but can also be manageable. I just have to wait and see, and then decide for myself what I want to do.
I am back to work today and just trying to take it easy; I am super tired and just have no energy at all. I am feeling really well physically other than that, just my incision spots are still pretty sore and I am still bleeding pretty substantially (sorry, TMI). But it definitely feels good to be out of the house! My mom stayed all day Tuesday and spent the night, then hung out with Juno while I slept all day Wednesday. Mark came over Wednesday evening and stayed through Sunday evening; it was Sunday before I was feeling even decent, and I was definitely glad to have someone there who could lift me up from the bed, as flexing my tummy muscles was about the worst feeling EVER. He took great care of me - went to the grocery store, made my meals, did my dishes, watched crap tv with me, and even snuggled with Juno when she was feeling lonely. Since we don't live together and tend to only spend Fri-Sun together, it was a nice little test to see that we made it 4 whole days in 600 square feet without killing each other, lol.
Speaking of my place, I have to move! I had decided to wait on moving up to my work based on a couple loose ends and then my uncle has decided to sell the condo, so I have to move by the end of April! Sooooo, back to the drawing board on that one!
My advice; You're a list maker. Write down the options we have been discussing. When your mind starts up with all this "what do I do crap", write down what it is thinking. Get it out of your head and onto something concrete. Choose a day mid-April that will be the day you pick one without looking back. Give yourself a firm decision date and after that date, don't revisit all this crap.
ReplyDeleteLove you! i hope that your endometriosis is mild and doesn't come back too quickly. And so glad they were able to save your fallopian tube :)
ReplyDelete